Thursday, January 24, 2013

The S's

Well, Mema has moved into the nursing home
after being in the hospital for five days.

She was sent back to the ER the evening after she moved.
After four hours, they sent  her back to the nursing home
not finding anything wrong with her.

The next evening the nursing home called Mom
saying they were sending her back to the ER.
My mom refused.
Mom is so tired.

The next morning, the nursing home called Mom
after the doc took xrays and blood work.
She has another UTI infection,
and something with her chest....
they will call back with more specifics.
Mom didn't quite know all the details.
Who is correct here?
The hospital or the Nursing Home?
It's so hard to know who to believe anymore.

I have been unable to see Mema for over three weeks now.
Hopefully Monday, after my doc takes the stitches out of my foot,
and I hopefully, will be in a walking boot,
will hobble my ever growing bottom
to sit with Mema for as long as she wants my company.

Mom talked to Aunt Bernice, Mema's sister last week,
and filled her in.
Uncle Steve has been in the hospital too,
and I think Aunt Bernice was a bit frustrated.
She said something,
then after my mom stopped laughing,
Aunt Bernice explained.
Apparently, her father used to say this after difficult times.

"I've Showered, Shit, and Shaved, and I'm ready to go!"

So Mema, we are in a rocky boat together,
but I have finally showered by myself, and shaved my legs,
etc., etc.
Let's get this show on the road!

No comments: