Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What is that sound?


The one funny I can remember right now,
is the time I went to pick her up to go shopping.
When I walked in, I could hear a squealing noise.
As I searched through the house I could hear it in every room.
Aunt Dot was right behind me,
trying to find the source of this noise too.
Finally, I thought it stopped.
After I helped her in the car, I went around and got in my side.
There was the squeal again!
I then knew it was her hearing aid batteries going out.
We laughed all the way to Mattoon.
She is always such a happy pleasant person.
We love her like she was our Mema too.
Clara Ann

I shared with Clare Ann that Mema still
has some difficult moments with her hearing aides.
The are the new and improved kind, though.
When she puts them in first thing in the morning,
or after Hilary does her hair,
they beep seven times.
That is how you know the batteries are working.
We always know when this is happening,
because Mema stares at the ceiling, counting the beeps.
When it completes its cycle, she gives a little nod of her head,
says "there" and continues doing whatever she was doing.
I love that lady. And she is my Mema!
Thanks for sharing and reminding me of this Clare Ann!

No comments: