Friday, February 25, 2011

Saturday Night Dancing

...Trying something a bit different...let me know what you think...


It's Saturday, early evening.
All four kids have eaten and are feeling better
after the round of colds has passed.
I am taking them over to Mom's house here in a bit.
She is going to watch them while Omer and I go out.

We usually go out dancing
every Saturday night with a group of friends.
There is a little place in town that we love.

Omer sent me to the beauty parlor yesterday.
He sends me every week.
He just loves my hair in a paigeboy style.
I remember when Mom used to wait up for me
when I was in school.
No matter how late I got in,
she would sit on the bed and put my hair in curlers for the next day.
I've never been very good at styling my hair like she did.
I hope I remembered to thank her.

Last week Omer went to town and bought me a pretty blue dress.
He loves to shop for me.
I am so lucky.
I really hate shopping for myself,
especially with four small children running around.
Blue is my favorite color too.
Soft baby blue.

I am looking forward to dancing tonight!
Omer will wear his cowboy boots and hat.
What a handsome man!
Omer loves to dance,
and I swear he would go without me if I let him!
I can keep up with him until he starts doing the jig.
Then I have to sit down!
We will both have a couple of beers...Omer more than I.

The kids will stay at Mom's and I will run over and get them in the morning.
Dad will probably have made sweet rolls this week,
knowing that the kids were coming over.
I think I'll go early to share some sweet rolls too!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

love it.
you have really grown to know her well.
this blog is a blessing to those of us who cant spend that much time with her.
thank you!

Frogaphant said...

Ditto Hil, and many, many thanks to you, Sis! What a treasure this is and will be forever.